Top 10 Hottest Houston Neighborhoods for Home Sales
According to Paul Takahashi of the Houston Business Journal, "Houston Realtors continue to sell thousands of homes in the Bayou City despite the energy downturn. In 2016, local Realtors sold a record 76,449 single-family homes in the Houston metropolitan area, a 3 percent increase from the previous year, according to the Houston Association of Realtors.
However, some neighborhoods saw more sales than others.
Katy-Southwest had the most home sales in the Houston area with 2,451, a 1 percent decline from 2015, according to HAR. Despite job losses in the energy sector, families are drawn to the west Houston suburb’s well-respected schools and proximity to the Energy Corridor.
Pearland had the second-highest home sales in the Bayou City with 2,416, a 2 percent increase from 2015, according to HAR. Families, especially those working in the medical sector, are attracted to the south Houston suburb’s well-respected schools and proximity to the Texas Medical Center.
The Woodlands, which ranked as the No. 3 hottest neighborhood in 2015, saw sales fall by 4.8 percent in 2016, landing the north Houston suburb in the No. 5 spot. Realtors sold 1,930 homes in The Woodlands in 2016, down from 2,027 homes sold in 2015. Luxury home sales have fallen amid the oil slump, and new home sales have slowed as the mature master-planned community nears build-out.
Cypress, League City, Fort Bend County, Spring and the Lake Conroe area were all hot neighborhoods for home sales in 2016, according to HAR."
Here are the top 10 hottest Houston neighborhoods for home sales, according to HAR:
- Katy-Southwest: 2,451 home sales in 2016 (-1 percent year over year); Ranked No. 1 in 2015
- Pearland: 2,416 sales (+2 percent YOY); Ranked No. 2 in 2015
- Cypress North: 2,028 sales (+2.5 percent YOY); Ranked No. 5 in 2015
- League City: 2,019 sales (+2 percent YOY); Ranked No. 4 in 2015
- The Woodlands: 1,930 sales (-4.8 percent YOY); Ranked No. 3 in 2015
- Fort Bend County North/Richmond: 1,718 sales (+6.9 percent YOY); Ranked No. 6 in 2015
- Spring Northeast: 1,717 sales (+11.9 percent YOY); Ranked No. 10 in 2015
- Katy-North: 1,549 sales (+2.4 percent YOY); Ranked No. 9 in 2015
- Lake Conroe: 1,542 sales (-1.7 percent YOY); Ranked No. 7 in 2015
- Spring/Klein/Tomball: 1,450 sales (+10.6 percent YOY); Ranked No. 10 in 2015
Which neighborhood do you want to live in?!
This fantastic custom home, sitting on a cul-de-sac lot, has been completely renovated! Ea...
Impeccable single story home with a brick and stone exterior. Enjoy some of the finest up...
CHARMING 3 bedroom, brick home that has ALL of the bells, lights and whistles. Buyer will...
Beautiful property with a lake front view! This home offers buyers a peaceful neighborhood...