Tips to Ring in the New Year the Rockstar Way!
Happy New Year!
The new year is a time for new beginnings. It's time to reflect on the past year, and internalize what helped you succeed and reach your goals and what ended up being negative distractions. It's a great time to start fresh with a clean slate and work towards the person you want to become and the things you want to accomplish. We've gathered up a few tips to help you start fresh, stay organized, and come out on top in 2017!
Daily Habits to Help You Succeed:
- "Move your body (walk, exercise) for 20 minutes or longer." I recommend getting it done early before work if possible.
- "Schedule your toughest task for your most productive time slot (whenever you typically feel your best) of the day."
- "Disconnect from social media for chunks of the day."
- "Take a break every hour. Stand up, stretch, use the restroom or get a drink."
- "Introduce yourself to someone new each day. Networking requires meeting a lot of people. Keep an eye out for potentially important connections. Look for potential clients, coworkers, inspiration, resources and financial partners." You never know who you might run into!
- De-stress each night by working on an art project, reading a book, learning a new instrument, or anything to keep the creative juices flowing.
- Watch Youtube videos or listen to podcasts describing a topic that you are interested in learning more about. You can find videos/podcasts on almost any subject whether it's business or personal related.
- Go to bed at the same time each night if possible.
- "Listen to something calming and distracting (news, music) unrelated to whatever is stressing you out."
- "Talk to a friend for ten minutes, even if just to hear about his or her life."
- Stay organized by paying bills as they come in, not letting your emails get piled up, and by keeping your home and work area nice and tidy. All of these will help you feel more clear minded and less cluttered.
These are just a few habits to help you in 2017. I recommend picking two or three that sound like something you are trying to accomplish and work with those to start. Once you have those down, then you can add in a new habit each week or month depending on your goals.
Here's a comprehensive list of specific goals and habits to help you reach those goals:
Need a list of good habits? Master your day with this collection of daily habits that cove...